Monday 28 September 2015

My MOTD

For the last couple of days I've been inspired by the colder autumnal weather making me want to bring back berry lips and copper eyes, which is a look that I LOVE! So I thought I would share what products I've been loving and have been my go to products! 



To start of my makeup look I primed my face with the smashbox photo finish colour correcting primer, focusing this mainly in my t-zone. Then using my all time favourite foundation, Mac studio fix in NC15 I applied this all over the face using a buffer brush to work the foundation in. If you find you have oily skin and want a full coverage foundation to stay on all day then this is the baby to go for!

Next I took my Estée Lauder double wear concealer in light underneath my eyes, my chin, cuspids bow and forehead. I use this to both concealer and highlight my face to help brighten the look of my skin. 

To set all of this I took my Estée Lauder double wear powder in fresh almond mainly underneath my eyes and on my t-zone. I find that this is a great powder if you want something to either wear on its own or to layer on top of a foundation without leaving the skin feeling cakey and stiff. 

To add colour and contour to my face I used the Benefit Hula bronzer on my cheeks, sides of the face and underneath my jaw. This is a great bronzer that looks really natural on the skin but is also very build able. My pet hate is when bronzers make you look muddy but I have never experienced that with this product. This is one that I would recommend to everyone! Next I took the Kiko tri-bal soul baked blusher in 01 deluxe coral which gives the look a subtle pink glow, plus this blusher smells AMAZING and is super affordable. Lastly I used the bobbi brown shimmer brick in pink glow to highlight the tops of my cheeks. 







For the last couple of months I've been using the b cosmetics eyebrow palette to fill in my brows. I find the two different colour great to get the eyebrows looking really natural. I start off using the lightest colour at the start of my brows the gradually add the darker of the two colours to the middle and end of my brows to give them that gradient, natural look. 

On the base of my eyelids I took Amber lights by Mac which is the most beautiful copper colour which looks amazing on grey/blue eyes and really enhances them.

 Next using the smashbox mini full exposure palette in the darkest brown, second row first colour in from the picture. I use this colour in the outer corner of my eye and in the crease to add a bit of depth and to blend out the copper colour. A great tip with this palette is wetting the brush as it makes the eye shadows go really creamy like a stick shadow and the pigments go from great when dry to insane! 

For liquid liner I did a fairly thin line and small flick using the Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid liner in black. This is a new product from the company and had quickly become one of my all time favourite liners and its shaped like a felt tip pen making it so easy to use, plus it stays on for hours especially near the tear duct. In my waterline I applied to mememe eyeline eye pencil in coal which is a gorgeous smoky brown which I blended out with my finger to give a smoky look to the under eye area. Lastly for the eyes I took he Clinique High impact mascara in black and layered that on to give some drama to the lashes.

Lastly to finish off the whole look I added a berry toned lip by using the Rimmel lasting finish lipstick in 128 starry-eyed. 




So there you have it ladies and gents my MOTD. Hope you enjoyed the read and had a wonderful day! Thanks for reading!

Lysette xo

No comments:

Post a Comment