Sunday 4 October 2015

Smashbox Shapematters palette


The beauty that you see before you is Smashbox's new shapematters palette which I have been drolling over since I got it. It contains 2 brow colours, 1 brow wax, 4 contour colours, 6 eye shadows and an eyeshadow brush.
I've only been using this for a couple of days but I already love it. The pigmentation in the eyeshadows is amazing and they're so blend able as well. I feel like the colour choice in the eyeshadows caters for pretty much everyone and all different coloured eyes as there's the brown/neural trio, purple/pink trio and silver/cool tone trio. Plus there's a variety of shimmers and mattes. 




At first I wasn't sure how the contour and bronze colours were going to look on my skin tone as some tend to look too red toned on me however both of these colours suit my tone well and are lovely and build able so if you can decide between a natural look or a heavy contour. This palette has both a matte highlight and a shimmer highlight again enabling you to either go subtle or full on.

  (From top row to bottom, contour,  bronzer, matte highlight, shimmer highlight)

The only weeny complaint I have about the palette is I wish it had a third brow colour as I have found that the colours in the palette are too light for me. I've been using them in the front of my brows to give a natural gradient but I have been having to use a darker colour just to go over the top.   

 

So here's one of the looks I did using the palette! I love how subtle you can get the contour and how much of a difference it can make to your face shape. Plus I love the eye look and how the colours bring out blue eyes. I used the pink shades for this look and then the lightest cream shadow to highlight the inner corner of my eyes. 



I hope you had an amazing weekend wherever you are in the world! 
 
Lysette xo



No comments:

Post a Comment